Friday, April 06, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: Linda Taylor


Linda Taylor, owner of Koach Konsulting LLC, is an author, consultant, trainer and motivational speaker who is known for her real world approach to developing people and transforming organizations. Linda is dedicated to motivating and inspiring others to dream bigger and to reach their maximum potential in both their personal and professional lives. She is a proven leader and coach who understands what it takes to achieve and sustain extraordinary results, both as an individual and as an organization.

After working many years in a billion dollar industry, Linda followed her dream of becoming a business owner, transformational coach, and author. She gave up her high paying career to follow her passion for developing and serving others. Today, Linda inspires people to unleash the power of intention in their personal and professional lives by setting goals and taking action. She specializes in leadership development and maximizing the effectiveness of teams. Linda will partner with you and your organization as you travel on your journey toward self development and transformation!

How did you start out your writing career?

I have always enjoyed the writing process because it allows me to share my knowledge, my experience, and my blessings with others. I was inspired to write The Truth In Your Heart because while speaking with coaching clients and listeners of my radio show, I learned that other people were feeling exactly what I had been feeling for years; they wanted more for their life! I knew that if I wrote this book I could be the voice of inspiration that so many people are searching for to reassure them that what is in their heart can become their reality.

What did you learn while writing this book? 

While writing The Truth In Your Heart, I learned that so many people are feeling unfulfilled, stuck, and surprised to have found themselves in a place that was created for them and not by them. As I spoke with different people, they wanted to share their story. They wanted to be heard. They wanted to know that they were not the only one searching for more out of life! It was important for me to not only share my story, but to also share with readers how they could learn from their past and present experiences so they can begin walking in their purpose. One over arching theme in the book is that every experience and every person, whether good or bad, is present in our lives by design. Life experiences are there to teach us more about who we are and who we are to become. Our responsibility is to listen to our heart and act.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book? 

The purpose of writing this book was to encourage the reader to take an honest and intentional look at every aspect of their lives (physically mentally, spirually, relationships, and career) and ask themselves, "Am I happy? Am I living a life of truth, the life that I know God has planned for me?" If they are not, after reading the Truth In Your Heart they will feel compelled to take action starting today so they can begin living the truth that has been hidden deep in their heart.


What has surprised you most about becoming a published author? 

The feeling that I get when readers share how deeply the book has affected them. I knew that it would change lives. What I did not know was just how hungry people are for someone to sincerely support their dreams. As an author seeking to inspire hope, readers now see me as a member of their ‘Dream Team’! The feeling I get when a reader shares not just ‘their story’ but also ‘their plan to begin walking in their purpose’ is more than I hoped for.


What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most? 

I loved the opportunity to have time for myself to just think and be honest with myself. Writing became a cleansing process for me to free my mind, my heart, and my soul. The downside to writing was that I always had this feeling of needing to be finished. People were asking for the finished product, and I couldn’t type fast enough! I learned a tough lessson - you cannot rush the writing process. It has to come naturally!

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now? 

1. Build a support network before the writing process begins. Have a clear idea of who will support your project and how they will support you. Get the best people in your corner early in the process

 2. Fully understand all of the publishing options, including self publishing, subsidy publishing, and traditional publishing.

3. I should have began researching marketing opportunities before the book was published. Even though I had a few events lined up and have sold quite a few books, I should have had events lined up for the first 3 to 4 months consistently.


Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

Do: Allocate time weekly (daily if possible) to research, brain storm, and write. Gaurd your time and do not give in to the desire to put your writing off until another day. Remind yourself daily of the importance of what you are doing and why you are doing it.

Don’t: Make excuses for why you can’t become a published author. For every excuse there is an answer. Find it and keep moving toward your dream.


What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand? 

As a writer, I want and need others to understand that writing doesn’t just happen! Writers need inspiration to deliver a product that is well thought out and serves the purpose for which they are seeking.

Tell us something few know about you?

Although I am a writer and motivational speaker, I get incredibly nervous prior to every speech I give!

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time? I love playing tennis. It is an outlet for me and allows me to maintain balance in my life.


What do you do to interact with your readers? 

I am active on all forms of social media. I have a faceBOOK club in which readers are able to share their thoughts on the book and can engage in an interactive discussion with me and other readers. I TWEET daily! I love sharing inspiration and excerpts from my book.


Our theme for this month is Ebooks. Do you own an ereader and if so, what the last book you downloaded? 

I own an IPAD and I love it! The last book I downloaded was Lif Interrupted by Priscilla Shirer

Who was the first author you ever met? 

The first author I met was one of my professors in college. The first author I met who was willing to share their experience was my friend Phyllis Thompson, author of Joy Comes In The Morning.


Oprah always asks, What do you know for sure?

The two key things I know for sure is this: In regards to writing and being an author, I have to make sure that my intentions are pure. I am not in this for me! I wrote my book so that other people would be set free from the bondage of their mind and their circumstances. This project was about encouraging people to make a bold leap toward their dreams. Also, I have learned that people will surprise you! The people who have supported me the most during this process were not even on the radar a year ago! What I know for sure is that my destination is certain, and my journey and who I allow to travel with me is up to me and God. He will send people into our lives just when we need them to support us. Because of this, I have not feared nor worried about anything during this process.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book? 

No book is in the works yet, but I am planning on writing more in the near future!

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website) Readers can connect by:

Email: linda@koachkonsulting.com
Website: www.koachkonsulting.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/truthinyourheart or
www.facebook.com/lindajeweltaylor
Twitter: www.twitter.com/koachkonsulting
Radio Show: www.blogtalkradio.com/koachscorner
Press Kit: www.myPPK.com/get/lindajeweltaylor
 


THE TRUTH IN YOUR HEART - What Is Your Heart Saying To You?

There was a truth that had been hidden in my heart and it made itself known. For years, with every beat, it spoke to me. Much like a sudden piercing feeling in the chest that comes and quickly disappears, I heard the faint whispers. The discontent, the uneasiness, and the boredom all hung out for far too long. My heart spoke clearly to me. I knew this was not what was meant for me. Your heart knows you too. Every day that you are not operating in your purpose it is sending you warning signals. Until you make the choice to go ALL IN for what God has planned for your life, you will continue to live a life that falls just short of your truest potential.

There is a truth that has been hidden in each of our hearts and our job is to listen and take bold action. The Truth In Your Heart shares why you should seek the power in your past, play to your passions, and dream without limits. If who you are and who you were meant to become is in conflict, it could be time for change. What is your heart saying to you?

If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!