Monday, February 22, 2010

FEATURED AUTHOR: Robin Caroll


Born and raised in Louisiana , Robin Caroll is a Southern through and through. Her passion has always been to tell stories to entertain others. Robin’s books have placed/finaled in such contests as Bookseller’s Best, Book of the Year, and Reviewer’s Choice Award. When she isn’t writing, Robin spends time with her husband of twenty years, her three beautiful daughters, and their four character-filled pets at home—in the South, where else? An avid reader herself, Robin loves hearing from and chatting with other readers. Although her favorite genre to read is mystery/suspense, of course, she’ll read just about any good story. Except historicals! To learn more about this author of deep South mysteries of suspense to inspire your heart, visit Robin’s website at http://www.robincaroll.com/.

How did you start out your writing career?

I've always written. Short stories, poetry--even had a few published. But I knew novels were my heart.

What was your most difficult scene to write?

Since DELIVER US FROM EVIL deals with the horrible modern day slavery of child trafficking, there were several scenes I wrote from a trafficked girl's pov. I think the first one in the book was the hardest for me. I cried. Okay, I bawled like a baby.

Have you had a "Wow" moment since you have been an author?
What made it a "Wow" moment for you?


I have so many "wow" moments...God never ceases to amaze me with His abundant blessings.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

I hope the reader enjoys the story, but I also hope it raises awareness about child trafficking. As always, with everything I do, I hope I bring honor and glory to Jesus.

What’s playing on your CD while you’re writing?

Most of the time it's the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack.

If you could choose to be a superhero for a day, who would you pick and why?

WonderWoman, of course. Come on, her invisible airplane is entirely too cool!

If you could be on a Reality TV show, which one would it be and why?

This might be a shocker, but I don't watch reality shows. They annoy me. LOL Now, the television show my life most resembles? Fringe. LOL

What is the neatest place you have ever visited so far and why?

Jamaica. It's breathtakingly beautiful.

If you had $100.00 and had to spend it today, what would you buy?

Why? Books! Because I think I'm addicted to the printer's ink. lol

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

That it is NOT easy.

What was the best advice you’d ever gotten about the publishing industry?

The worst? The best? Don't give up. Study the craft. Hone the skill. Attend writers conferences and learn as much as possible. The worst? Hmmm...that's hard. I don't think I have one.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

DO whatever you can to learn the trade and keep up on the industry. DON'T make the mistake of thinking this is easy. It takes hard work, commitment, and time.

What is something readers would be surprised you do?

Hmmm....I don't know. I used to be a cheerleader, maybe?

Our theme for this month is Writing The Book. What advice do you have for staying motivated to complete the book?

A deadline! Seriously, whether self-imposed or contractual, a deadline helps keep me focused and motivated to finish telling the story.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

FEAR NO EVIL (releasing in August) With his father in a nursing home and his mother needing support, former Great Smoky Mountains park ranger Lincoln Vailes moves to the bayou town of Eternal Springs, Louisiana, to become a police officer. Recent college graduate and eager social worker Jade Laurent has also moved there to try and right the wrongs of an abusive past. But someone is running her car off the road and pointing guns in her direction. As Lincoln investigates her case, he uncovers ties to big-city gang warfare up north that appears to be making its evil way down south.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

robin@robincaroll.com www.robincaroll.com PO Box 242091, Little Rock, AR 72223

Deliver Us From Evil


A beautiful yet tough woman working in a beautiful yet tough setting, Brannon Callahan is a search and rescue helicopter pilot for the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Strong faith and a decorated history of service have kept her one step ahead of on-the-job dangers, but there’s no precedent for what’s about to happen. After a blizzard takes down a small plane carrying U.S. Marshal Roark Holland (already haunted by a recent tragedy), Brannon must save him in more ways than one and safeguard the donor heart he’s transporting to a government witness on the edge of death. Otherwise the largest child trafficking ring in history—with shocking links from Thailand to Tennessee—will slip further away into darkness along the Appalachian Trail. ---"The kind of novel 'Ripped from the headlines' was meant to describe. Compelling."--James Scott Bell, author of Deceived and Try Fear


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

1 comment:

rhonda mcknight said...

I just received my copy of Deliver Us From Evil on Friday. I can't wait to dig in! Congrats to Robin! I remember when she got the call for her first book deal and it was celebrated on the ACFW loop.

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!