Monday, April 14, 2008

FEATURED AUTHOR: Alex Hairston



Alex Hairston was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. He is a former U.S. Naval Hospital Corpsman, a graduate of the Johnston School of Practical Nursing, and is currently employed as a Home Health Nurse. Alex is the author of the novels For Lovers Only, She Creeps, If Only You Knew, and Love Don’t Come Easy. He resides in Randallstown, Maryland, with his wife and three kids.

Erin…


After having my heart broken by my ex, I was all about friends-with-benefits and having a good time. The last thing I wanted was something heavy with my new neighbor Joel. So my roommate Kenya and I decided to have a little fun with him. But Joel’s sensual, romantic side is sparking a hunger in me for something much more than sex with no strings attached…

Kenya…

With all the players out there, Erin and I always joked that if either of us ever found a good man we’d share him. And that’s exactly what we did when Erin told me about Joel’s skills in the bedroom. The only problem now is that I want him to myself…

And Joel…

I thought that Erin was the only woman for me. But her friend Kenya was just as appealing. When they proposed that we become a threesome, my hottest fantasy became reality. And before I knew what was happening, I found myself falling hard—for both of them.

What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

After reading For Lovers Only I would like readers to come away with a better understanding of polyamorous relationships and to realize that poly relationships aren’t just about sex, but largely based on love and commitment.

What inspired a threesome story?

I really wanted to get back to what I do best and that's writing sexy stories. I’ve always wanted to write about a threesome. Being with two women is probably ever man’s fantasy. I wanted to turn the tables a little. In For Lovers Only my main character Joel finds himself between two very attractive women who want to live out their fantasy.

What did you learn while writing this book?

Writing this book made me realize how much I love making love and being in love. Of course it made me think about how much fun it would be to be part of a threesome.

What is the hardest part about the writing business?

The business part. That’s what takes the fun out of writing. After you’re in the business for a while it becomes a numbers game. The biggest challenge is gaining media exposure. There aren’t a lot of media outlets who really care about showcasing authors.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

I wish the average person understood the writing process and realized how much planning, writing time and dedication goes into creating a novel.

What marketing have you found that particularly works well for you?

Marketing directly to book clubs over the Internet has proven to work well for me over the years.

What are three things you wish you'd known before you reached where you are now?

I wish I had known how much stress came along with being an author and how much taking a two-year break would impact my career. I really wish I had learned to market myself and my books better. I got off to a great start with my first and most successful novel, Love Don’t Come Easy and then the industry changed.

I read you were former Navy, I’m a Navy Vet too. Have you ever consider doing a story about your Navy experiences?

No. I have to laugh because my experiences were pretty boring and probably wouldn’t make good reading material. I would definitely have to make up something or write about someone else's experiences.

This month our theme is Men In Fiction. Can you give us five male authors you read?

Richard Wright, Eric Jerome Dickey, E. Lynn Harris, Michael Baisden and Omar Tyree.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

My email address is alexhairston@yahoo.com and my website is www.alexhairston.com.

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!