Friday, May 18, 2007

In Memory Of Katherine D. Jones


I’m in total shock today. I was visiting Monica’s Blog and I read the sad news of Katherine's passing.

Katherine was a good writer, a friend and an encourager. We met at the Slam Jam in Florida and kept in touch. I was truly excited to introduce her to SORMAG’s readers when her book debuted. I’ve watched her career blossom and looked forward to our emails. She would always send me one to pick up my spirits.

Being a writer is always a lonely business, but its always nice when you make a few writer friends. Most of my friends in this writing business I met online or at conferences.
When I met Katherine we clicked and it was nice to share about the struggles of writing. Since she made the publishing jump, I could ask her questions about what to expect and she was willing to share her ups and downs.

Katherine had ventured into different genres and wasn’t afraid to try something new. I admired that about her. I could tell she enjoyed telling her stories.

Seeing her career take off inspired me to keep up the writing dream. I’m so happy she was able to see her name in print and that she leaves a legacy for others to know her and her writing.
I had the pleasure of meeting her husband and boys at the Dallas Slam Jam. I thought it was great that her family supported her and her career.

I will truly miss Katherine and our emails.


I and SORMAG's staff send our deepest sympathy to her family.

The romance world has lost one of the good ones.
Visit Katherine's site and learn more about this kindred spirit
If you have memories of Katherine, please feel free to share them here.

4 comments:

Shelia said...

LaShaunda, I'm still in shock. As one friend told me today, she's with the Lord now; so that's giving me some peace. I pray for her family during this difficult time. I know I'll miss her as not only a colleague but as a friend.

LaShaunda said...

Shelia,

That comforts me to know that she's with the Lord. Its still sad.

Gwyneth Bolton said...

LaShaunda,

Thanks for sharing your memories of Katherine with us. I'm keeping her husband and sons in my thoughts and prayers. It's such a tragic loss. She was a kind woman, a remarkable writer and just a all around sweet person. I'm gonna miss her.

Gwyneth

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your comments. I have been printing out emails, messages and tributes to put in a book for the boys.

We don't have the details for the arrangements now. we hope to finalize them by Monday. I will be posting to several of the groups Kathy belonged to and sending out e-mails as soon as we get the information finalized.

Thank you,again.

Kari, Katherine's baby sister (dawnofisis@aol.com)

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!