Monday, April 09, 2007

FEATURED AUTHOR: Sydney Molare


SORMAG: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Sydney Molare:
I'm a fairly recent re-transplant back to my native state of Mississippi. I'm a veterinarian by profession and I've been writing about six years now.

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?

MOLARE:
Devil's Orchestra. I call it my "sit up and take notice America!" book. I used three extremely successful individuals and had them take a journey rehashing their lives. They managed to stand by the life they'd lived, that is until Luke shows up. Luke gives them the ultimate test-- follow me in the afterlife as you followed me in life. Who takes them up on his offer? You'll have to read it to see.

SORMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

MOLARE:
The realization that every action has a reaction, positive or negative. We make no ripples in this life that someone doesn't feel.

SORMAG: Tell us about your publishing experience?

MOLARE:
I've been self published and traditionally published. Honestly, they are very similar. You still have to market yourself and hustle to get books sold. With self-publishing, your profit margin is much higher. With traditional publishing, you receive up front money and they have better distribution channels which make selling your work easier.

SORMAG: How do you feel about critique groups?

MOLARE:
We have too many of them. LOL.

SORMAG: What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

MOLARE:
Why we continue to write even though we've not become a "best-seller". It's about wanting to share our stories; wanting someone else to "connect" with us.

SORMAG: Do you have any promotional tips for writers?

MOLARE:
Be consistent and persistent. Just as the squeaky wheel gets the oil, the name they hear the most sells the most books.

SORMAG: What activity do you like to do in the spring?

MOLARE:
Man hunt. When spring fever hits, its out with the old and in with the new.

SORMAG: What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?

MOLARE:
Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin.

SORMAG: How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

MOLARE:
sydneymolare@yahoo.com or visit my website: www.sydneymolare.com

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!