Monday, March 26, 2007

FEATURED AUTHOR: Jessie Jamie Coleman


SORMAG: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Jessie Jamie Coleman:
Though I have been writing for over ten years, I didn't start my publishing business, Autumn Girl Press, until the spring of 2005. I then published such titles as "Sex on the Side," A Regrettable Twist of Fate" and "Where Will You Be in Two Years.

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?

COLEMAN:
My first non-fiction book is "Where Will You Be in Two Years," which will be available April 24, 2007. It is a self-discovery journal specifically tailored for the goal-oriented woman. It aids women in building self-esteem and setting goals.

SORMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

COLEMAN:
Most of all, I want women to realize that they need not have a man in their lives to validate them and that they can validate themselves with self-love.

SORMAG: Tell us about your publishing experience?

COLEMAN:
As of this date, I have six titles in print with a plan to publish ten more in the next three years. One day soon, I would like to publish other writer's work.

SORMAG: How do you feel about critique groups?

COLEMAN:
I think writers should be leary of critique groups because a person who is not realizing their dreams, enjoys nothing better than to bring others down who are realizing their dreams. I personally would not take part in a critique group unless they were people who had a vested interest in my project. Say a movie producer or book publisher. Other than that, I am not interested.

SORMAG: What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

COLEMAN:
I wish that non-writers knew that writing is not about money. It is about writing stories, sharing stories that will entertain as well as inspire.

SORMAG: Do you have any promotional tips for writers?
COLEMAN: A good promotional tip which I just learned of is to send book covers and press releases to libraries so that they will order your book across the country.

SORMAG: What activity do you like to do in the spring?

COLEMAN:
Some of my favorite activities are: journaling, movies and water parks.

SORMAG: What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?

COLEMAN:
The last book that kept me up at night was "Where Will You Be in Two Years" and "End the Struggle and Dance with Life." "End the Struggle and Dance wif Life" is one of the best self-help books I have ever read.

SORMAG: How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

COLEMAN:
I can be contacted at jessie353@yahoo.com and my websites: www.jessiejamiecoleman.com and www.autumngirlpress.com.

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!