Monday, December 05, 2005

FEATURED AUTHOR - Alice Wootson



Shades Of Romance Magazine: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Alice Wootson:
I'm a retired teacher who is in her second career. My 9th novel, Perfect Wedding, will be released in December. In addition to writing prose, I am also an award-winning poet. I enjoy speaking at conferences and with groups.

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?

WOOTSON:
Perfect Wedding: A TV program, Perfect Wedding, offers a honeymoon to Hawaii. Dana decides to enter. Never mind that she doesn't have a fiance' or even a boyfriend. She'll worry about that later. Of course, the ideal man, Steve Rollings, teaches right next door, but she thinks of him as a friend.

SORMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

WOOTSON:
That romance is often right next door. Also, we need to lighten up a bit. My last 3 books were romantic suspense. I started to write another, but found that I wasn't ready for the stress. (I put myself in the heroine's place.)

SORMAG: What do you do to make time for yourself?

WOOTSON:
I go to the gym 5 times a week and have learned to read while on the bike & treadmill. I do crafts and I LOVE yard sales. I also travel a lot. My favorite time is spent with my 3 grandchildren, especially Claire, the youngest and the first girl in two generations.

SORMAG: Can you share a holiday tradition with our readers?

WOOTSON:
I always fix dinner of traditional foods, & my two sister and my son and his family come over. It has recently become a tradition for me to spend every weekend from Thanksgiving until Christmas with booksignings at stores.

SORMAG: What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

WOOTSON:
I love writing the beginning. I HATE writing the synopsis because I never work from one. I have to write it after the story is finished. I also dislike the time I spend scheduling signings, meetings, etc.

SORMAG: What should a new writer know about the publishing business?

WOOTSON:
It's not just about writing. Just do your best.

SORMAG: How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

WOOTSON:
I can be reached at:
lydiagreenhowe@netzero.com
or
Alice Wootson
PO Box 18832
Philadelphia, PA 19119

Alice is our guest for this week, feel free to ask her a question or leave a comment.

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!